Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sill Learning

I'm getting better at the rose itself, but I screwed up putting the points on it this time for the snowflake! I also had it ready to have beads on the picots on the points of the snowflake, but I make the mistake of not putting the beads I wanted around the ring itself, they were UNDER my picots instead of on the picot itself. However, I spent part of my morning researching what I did wrong and now I can try it AGAIN tonight! Here's a picture of my rose, I gave it to Caleigh, she really likes it. I'll make another rose (I LOVE making roses!) to put the new snowflake together with. Also, I need to cut my ball thread so that my points will be a solid color all around, I only want the rose to be variegated. I have to practice that too.
If anyone has any advise I will listen gratefully.

2 comments:

  1. I don't do a lot of beading with my tatting, so I don't have a lot of advise there.
    I like the colors you are working with! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rose look awesome!!! And I love the colors!!! :)
    I have had trouble getting my beads just where I want them too. :)

    ReplyDelete