Friday, July 13, 2012

Biopsy On My Arm Today

I have a lump on my arm. They are pretty sure it's just a fatty tumor. It's quite large. The dermatologist said it's one of the biggest he's seen. He recommended a biopsy just to be on the safe side. So, today I had it biopsied. He said they were going to have to go quite deep because of the size of the tumor and they did. My arm was frozen (well, that part of my arm) and they took a decent size bit out of it and closed it with three stitches. I was doing fine till I looked after only one stitch was in it! Then I got sweaty and clammy and my blood pressure dropped.... I recommend NOT looking into open wounds like that on yourself. :-)  Starting tomorrow, I have to clean it twice a day with salt water and put Rx strength antibiotic ointment on it and change the bandage. I can't take baths or sit in hot tubs and it is recommended to cover it before getting into the shower. I do this for 2 weeks and then go on July 25th to get the stitches out and the results of the biopsy. My arm is quite sore at the moment, so I'm not sure how much tatting on my fantastic doily I'm going to get done tonight.
  On another note, Tuesday is my little Aurora's 8th birthday!! My parents are coming up from Pa tomorrow night and staying till Wed. morning! Can't wait!!! I'll try and take pictures of my tatting soon though, in progress. I have high hopes for this doily!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthdAy, Aurora!
    Here's hoping for the. Wry best for you and speedy healing on your arm and good news at the end too.

    ReplyDelete