Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's a BOWL!!

Well, here it is. The ends still need sewing in, but it's done! In all of it's miscounted splendor! :-) If you caught my last post, I missed 4ds- in each of my chains between my rings and screwed up the ENTIRE things, thus, it's a bowl. It WILL NOT lay flat! those stitches were obviously in the pattern for a reason. I can promise you though, I won't miss those next time! Here's a picture.
My next project (and I can promise you I'm going to pay VERY close attention to the stitch counts on this one!) is a 14" doily from Mary Konior's Tatting Patterns. I'll try and be better about posting picture during construction. I think it's going to be very pretty (if I make it right). :-)

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty bowl. I like it lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite it not being your intent, it's lovely! It would be a great little catch-all in a bedroom. I'm going back to see again what you did so I can make a bowl too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least you are consistent! Add a little blue ribbon and it could be a baby's bonnet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks nice even though it doesn't lay flat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only do I think that your bowl is lovely, but Ii also see something else: A parasol! I think it would make a lovely parasol for some lucky doll or teddy bear with just a few more elements added (ya know, like a handle, LOL). Can you see it too or have I finally lost my final marble?

    By the way, a big round of applause for finishing it! I probably would have thrown it away when I realized the mistake and would never have discovered how great it would be in the end!

    ♥,
    Stephanie Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought was that it would be a lovely snood. Perhaps you might post the "mistake" over at intatters under "hair covering"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol,
    Check out tat-ology!!!! You won!
    Fox : ))

    p.s. I need your address~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing your pinwheel bowl. I just make that pattern kept making the same mistake on the same chain combo. At least we can see other possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a bowl!
    So, a mistake is not wasted effort after all looking by the suggestions from the earlier comments.

    LOL, the first time I tatted this pattern, I missed one repeat. I did only eight repeats instead of nine but it stayed flat.

    ReplyDelete