Sunday, July 29, 2012

Been Busy and I have a problem....

Alright, so here it is. I got as far as you've seen on the pink doily, but then I realized as I was attempting to start the third row and noticed two things. First, I can't figure out how to start a round with a chain! So, I need to figure that out. Second, I did the second row WRONG!! You'd think I'd have learned after the bowl fiasco, but no, I didn't learn anything apparently. I made only 2 picots per chain instead of 3!!!! So, I started again with an even BETTER color choice, it looked great! and then I ruined it and have started over again. Hopefully tonight I'll pick it up again and get it far enough along to take pictures.

3 comments:

  1. It's so comforting to know that I'm not the only one who makes mistakes! Sorry to read that you're having trouble. Frivole has a great video showing how to start with a chain... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd6jW2om1CM

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that you have your answer already, but my brain is telling me to comment or it won't let me sleep...

    Starting with a chain depends on where you're starting. If you're starting with a join to a picot, just do a lock/shuttle join and carry on.

    If you're not starting with a join, then put a paper clip on your thread (for joining at the end) and tat the chain up against it (basically, treat the paperclip as though it's your starting stitch, but don't count it.).

    I hope that helps and/or makes sense. :-)

    ♥,
    Stephanie Grace
    (P.S. I was terrified of chain-after-chain and starting with chains for a long time. I'm still a newbie, but I actually enjoy those more now! Chains mean not having to worry about enough thread on the shuttle! LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! It is a join to a picot and I was wondering how to make Frivole's method work in that situation. Thank you!!

      Delete