Thursday, March 22, 2012

Getting back to it

I have spent months getting ready to order school for next year for our three kids old enough to be schooled. We have one going into 6th, one into 3rd and one into 1st and then the 3 year old that will just be getting into stuff. I still have our core materials to order on April 2nd, but for the most part everything else is ordered. I got GREAT news today that I'm going to get to go to the OCHEC convention at the end of April! I'm so excited! It's the first homeschool convention I'll have gotten to go to in the 7 years we've been homeschooling.
  On the tatting front, I haven't done a thing since my last post, but I'm planning on picking up my shuttles tonight or tomorrow now that most of my ordering is done. I'm going to take another stab at some snowflakes. I've ordered two custom shuttles from LaCossette on Etsy, I LOVE her shuttles!! I already have 4 or 5 of them and right now I have a blue rose one waiting in her shop and she's making me an Aurora Borealis one now. They are SO BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to get them! I have 3 of Mary Konior's books waiting in the States for that I ordered online. I didn't pay more than $20 for ANY OF THEM! I saw one of her books, Tatting Lace on Amazon for $16 and change on several of the used sites. Thought I'd get it at that price while I had the chance.
 Well, time to get children off to bed and hopefully get some tatting done.

5 comments:

  1. It's so nice to have another blog to follow! I look forward to seeing your new LaCossette shuttles. They're all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Diane! I can't wait to see them in person, some how they are ALWAYS more beautiful in person than online. I'll post pictures as soon as they come. They'll be in the mail tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! SO those are your your beautiful shuttles! Aren't they the best?

    Thanks for your lovely comments on tat-ology today. i was touched by your words.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE LaCossette's shuttles! They're my absolute favorites! They were just sent out today and I can't wait to get them. Neither can my daughter. I don't get nearly the time to tat that I wish I did and sometimes when I have the time, I just don't have the energy. I REALLY want to tat some beautiful snowflakes, but alas, I keep getting pulled in other directions.
      I LOVE reading your blog Fox, it's one of my favorites. There are a couple I REALLY look forward to seeing updated and yours is one of them.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE LaCossette's shuttles! They're my absolute favorites! They were just sent out today and I can't wait to get them. Neither can my daughter. I don't get nearly the time to tat that I wish I did and sometimes when I have the time, I just don't have the energy. I REALLY want to tat some beautiful snowflakes, but alas, I keep getting pulled in other directions.
    I LOVE reading your blog Fox, it's one of my favorites. There are a couple I REALLY look forward to seeing updated and yours is one of them.

    ReplyDelete