Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My First Post!

Hi Everyone!
This is obviously my first blog post. I love doing crafty things and thought I needed a place to keep track of things. My first order of business is to post a snowflake I finished tatting last night and blocking this morning. I tell you what, it was a comedy of errors to say the least. I ran out of thread three times, got PLENTY of practice hiding ends and starting threads during the course of the snowflake and royally messed up joining at the end! However, I have (hopefully) learned from my mistakes and will try and NOT make the same mistakes next time. I’m sure there are plenty of other mistakes out there to make and I’d like to think I’ve put these ones behind me.
This snowflakes name is “Nilam”. It’s from the book Elegant Tatted Gems by Jon Yusoff. I LOVE her patterns! I’m hoping to start another one tomorrow. The thread is Island Breeze by Lizbeth in size 20.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Tat-Land, McSace, where mistakes are not only mandatory, but are the fuel and gruel of all tatters!

    Nice to see a new tatting blog on the block!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fox! I'm excited to start another project, I have SO many things I want to make.
      Carol

      Delete
  2. Looks like GREAT things will be coming from you.

    ReplyDelete