Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's done, I learned a LOT

Okay, here it is. Please don't look TOO closely at it, you'll find a myriad of errors. This was a learning piece. First thing I learned, NEVER (I meant this) NEVER EVER watch Chopped while trying to tat. It's a mistake. I was doing so good and then I noticed that of all my points on the snowflake, only TWO turned out the way they were supposed to! Then, I was about to finish when I noticed something else...... drumroll please....... I put one too many petals on my flower! Now my points don't meet. I'm going to make another one. I'm going to use TWO colors for this one. The center will be variegated and (hopefully) the points will be solid. I'm also (on the advise of a dear lady) going to try putting beads on it! I was going to try on this one, but forgot till it was too late. I'm going to need to switch out my ball thread with a solid color when I'm done going around the rose to a solid, I'm hoping that's easier than it sounds.
  Here's my snowflake, such as it is. It's not been blocked. It's #6 in the Snowflake Roses book. Made from size 20 Lizbeth Raspberry Frappe.
Also, here is my tiny Eva. She's 3. She insisted on getting her picture taken.

6 comments:

  1. Imagine how boring life would be if we didn't have mistakes to learn from! I'm glad you stuck with it, and I'm sure your next snowflake will be even better! Eva is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will agree to everything Diane has already said!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks nice this way too but it's always good to learn new things. Your Eva is enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I kinda like her too. :-)

      Delete
  4. Love the look of that snowflake and the color is wonderful!! :)
    What a cutie there!!! :)

    ReplyDelete