Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's time to walk away....

I have labored for quite a while on this beautiful snowflake. It's very nearly become an obsession. Sadly though, it's time to walk away. The further I get into it the more mistakes I make, rings missing picots, chains turned the wrong way and the like. Well, I was on the LAST point of the snowflake and realized that I had been doing the entire area wrong! Rather than pull my hair out more, I'm walking away for now. I'm sure I'll try this snowflake again, but not right now. I'm going to grab some different thread and work on something else. Here is a picture of as far as I had gotten.

See how it's so convoluted right around where the threads are coming off? I'm sure that with some effort I could somehow manage to take out everything I need to, but I really think I need to put this up for now and come back to it fresh after something else. 

2 comments:

  1. I have a box filled with pieces like that! Sometimes we have to walk away to preserve our sanity. My granddaughters are always welcome to go through my "scraps" and choose pieces they love. I have a dream of using my cast-offs to decorate crazy quilt blocks. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a new tatter maybe you are trying to run before you can walk. Get lots more practice on simple things that you will feel really proud of. Frustration with a difficult pattern is not good.

    ReplyDelete