Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Started Another Snowflake!

I really need to find something other than snowflakes to tat, but I'm having a hard time finding patterns for things that I know how to do. I think that's my que to learn something new and expand my knowledge base and my abilities, but to be honest, I'm kinda scared to. I know it's silly and I'll never get better if I don't, but I'm not sure where to go from here. I can do rings and chains pretty well, but where do you progress to? There are SO many other stitches to learn, there are so many other patterns that require an amazing abundance of stitches to make them, but I'm not sure what to try next, so any advise on the matter would be VERY much appreciated.
  On the the show now! Here is my latest attempt at a snowflake. It's another from Jon's Elegant Tatted Gems book. This went together much easier than the last one I tried. I'm using size 20 Raspberry Frappe. (It's so pretty, and I"m not a pink person either, I'm more drawn to blue, but I love the colors in this!)
  This picture actually shows it upside down. The point goes at the top. The beautiful shuttles are LaCossette's. They are my favorite shuttles to use. The hook on the end is so useful and I love being able to switch out bobbins as I need to. Beautiful shuttles just make the work that much more pleasant.
 Plan on working on this more tonight. It's hard to work on it during the day, we homeschool our 4 children and that takes quite a lot of our time. My real down time is after they go to bed and by then I'm exhasted! Enjoy it while they're young though, that way when they're older, they'll have great memories of childhood like I do of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment