Monday, April 9, 2012

We're Back!!!

We're back from our visit to the States. It went well. We'll get to see my brother when we go down at the beginning of June. Right now he's away in Afghanistan. I got to see his wife and two sons though. They seem to be doing well in spite of his being away. I was able to pick up MANY new tatting things that I had ordered while we were down. I had ordered several new tatting books. (New to me anyway.) I now have 3  of Mary Konior's books! I also ordered a couple by Georgia Seitz and Martha Ess along with several other books. Along with my books I ordered some threads. Most are Lizbeth threads, but I ordered some HDT from Marilee Rockley (beautiful thread!) and hope to order more. I also have TWO new tatting bags from DS9 Designs. I asked her for one with blue roses on it, she gave me several options and I chose two. They turned out SO well! My shuttles still haven't come from LaCrossette. I forgot to change my address on the PayPal thing and it was sent to my former address. They live VERY close to us, I've sent my husband over to inquire about it, but so far, nothing. I'm hoping that they send it back to her so I can have them sent here again, that's if they don't just save it out for me. I ordered two AMAZING custom shuttles. One with the blue rose that's on my header here on it and one with two fantastic Aurora Borealises. Our oldest daughter is named Aurora and she and her father have a fascination with the Aurora Borealis. She loves my shuttles and to watch me tat, so I ordered one that I hope she ends up using someday. In the meantime though, I intend to use it for her (she's only 7). I hope to post pictures soon.
  I have been making some progress on the snowflake that has been aggravating me. I have made SO many mistakes in it, but I don't know anyone personally who would look at it looking for the mistakes and I consider them a learning experience, and have NO intention of starting over again. I received some VERY good advise from Sharon who runs the 25 Motif challenge about what to do when my threads break, and while that hasn't happened this time around, it happened SO many times the last time I tried this that I now have great advise on what to do when it happens again (because I know it WILL happen again). I will try and post pictures of my progress on it (I'm halfway done!) and of my new treasures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment