Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What a day!

This morning started with school with the kids and then around 10 we went outside to plant the beginnings of our garden. We're planting WAY more veggies this year than last year, hopefully it will produce a great harvest through the end of summer and fall. After lunch we headed out to the Royal Botanical Gardens. There's a trail down by the lake (Lake Ontario) called Captain Coote's Trail. It's in an area called Coote's Paradise. We ended up walking around 2 miles round trip and ended the walk with Mike and the kids chasing each other through a maze of evergreens. They were cackling with laughter, it was so funny! After that we went to the main building, headed through a tunnel under the road and into Hendrie Park. When everything starts blooming it will be so beautiful there. Right now, not so much, but the kids enjoyed running around. We went back into the main building and into a tropical area where the girls enjoyed watching the Koi. We got home 3 1/2 hours after leaving. My feet HURT, but it was good exercise. I'm so worn out, I should have known better than to try and tat, but I wanted to make progress. Silly me. I screwed it up so bad! I don't know what to do. I'll think about it tomorrow after a good night's sleep.  Here are some pictures of our day. The man you'll see is my Mike. Love of my life for 12 years. Our oldest son Sebastian (Sam) 10, oldest daughter Aurora (Rora) 7, middle daughter Caleigh, 5 and youngest Evangeline (Eva) 3.
Aurora, Eva, Sam and Caleigh about halfway through our walk in the woods.

Sam running through the maze.

Caleigh running through the maze.
Aurora running through the maze.
Mike chasing children through the maze.
Eva, slightly distracted by the camera while running through the maze.
Caleigh in an urn in Hendrie Park, Eva is trying to get in with her.
Eva in the same urn after "convincing" Caleigh to give her a turn.
Mike and the girls watching the Koi intently. I'm pretty sure the Koi thought they were going to get fed. If you look carefully, you can see Sam sitting on a bench behind them on the right.
The most handsome man in the world, my Mike. I'm not biased at all, really. :-)  I'm kinda partial to facial hair, so for Christmas he grows out his beard and doesn't shave it till the day after our anniversary in the beginning of June.
My little girls and Sam.
Caleigh (who needs her bangs cut.)

And that was our day. This is my beautiful family and with that I bid you a good night and pleasant dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment